Baby Yoga Classes
Baby yoga classes create a warm and friendly atmosphere, even via livestream the mums and babies get a chance to connect with each other.
Book a baby yoga class
Birthlight practices promote connection, joy and confidence in handling our babies. There is the opportunity for baby to embrace new experiences with their open hearts and open minds. We aim to create experiences to encourage early bonding for a secure and happy foundation of well-being in these challenging times. Dads are just as welcome too.
Using authentic Birthlight practices combining touch, movement and rhythm, we see the development of playfulness in the parent and delight in the babies. The sequences pioneered by Birthlight encourage good muscle tone, and bring balance and harmony to body systems. The movements are naturally adapted to support each baby’s individual development, physically, emotionally and mentally. The Baby Yoga approach encourages the practice of yoga together to make it part of their everyday lives.
What are the benefits for baby?
- Settles baby and improves sleep patterns
- Aids digestion and relief for colic
- Promotes optimum healthy growth
- Active moves to tone muscle
- Calming practices
- Singing for speech development
What are the benefits for mum or dad?
- Tones abdominal muscles
- Tones pelvic floor
- Access to deep rest and relaxation
- Self-nurture while interacting with baby
- Regain strength and good posture
- How to safely lift, carry and walk with yoga awareness
What to expect from a class?
The Baby Yoga runs in blocks of 4 classes for babies from about 10 weeks to mobile. The course introduces and develops the authentic Baby Yoga moves pioneered by Dr Francoise Freedman, and is a natural follow-on from Nurturing Baby Massage, using positive touch over the clothing.
There is a balance of stretch and relaxing sequences for both mother and baby. Songs, sounds and rhymes accompany some movements to the delight of the babies. Postnatal moves are integrated throughout the session and the class finishes with a joint baby-bonding relaxation.
Dads and other carers are welcome, too, and will benefit equally from the Yoga and interaction with baby.
Although Baby Yoga is offered in blocks of 4 sessions, they are designed as ongoing classes, so your family can attend till baby is mobile.
- A 4-week course of Zoom livestream 1 hour classes 12-1pm Wednesday
- Access to the live recording for a week
- Access to exclusive videos for a month to help continue baby yoga techniques at home:
- 5-week pregnancy yoga course by teacher Sarah Bickerton
- Baby yoga course by teacher Sarah Brannen
- 8-week postnatal course by teacher Sarah Brannen
- Clips of baby massage